5.17.2006

Eyes for a New Frontier

On Monday night I had dinner with longtime friend, Paul Hekimian. We ate at Fritto Misto in Santa Monica. This little neighborhood Italian place is significant to me because it's the first restaurant I ate at when I moved to California from Texas in June of 1997. I feel that between that first visit, and this week, I've turned many corners eating plates of Jumbo Ravioli in that tiny space. Fitting that over a tasty dinner and a handshake, Paul and I sealed a deal that marks another new beginning. As of Monday, I've taken on a new challenge and roll >> President of the C•Different Foundation.

The C•Different Foundation mission is to provide opportunities and support to people with visual impairments so they can pursue active lifestyles through physical fitness and competitive athletics, specifically, endurance sports. C•Different Foundation believes that involvement in athletics at any level increases self-esteem and overall health as well as encourages independence and enhances quality of life.

I've been worked with C•Different, with varying degrees of involvement, since I met founder, Matt Miller in September 2003. I'm very honored to be asked aboard, to partner with the team, and grow this organization to new heights.

To learn more about C•Different, log on to http://www.cdifferent.org