10.23.2008

LA Tri Club
2008 USAT Club National Champions

After a year of planning, we had our moment on Oct. 18th just outside Las Vegas in Boulder City, Nevada, clinching the top honor as #1 club in the country for 2008. Proudly celebrating at the end of a long day:
IMG_4335
Alan Morelli and Holger Beckman show off their podium awards. Alan headed up our ROAD TO PUMPKINMAN committe this year, and tirelessly recruited within and outside of the club for new members to help with our efforts in Vegas. His plan SURE WORKED!! Than you Alan and Holger, who both also took top Podium honors on the long course!
Alan & Holger
Pumpkinman was the FIRST RACE for my handsome boyfriend, Jabus Hamm... He did awesome! And, is a natural (I think I've created a monster... he's NUTS about Triathlon now!)... You'll see us next year at Wildflower and Vineman 70.3!
Jabus & Liz
Here I am, flanked by two of our top recruits... Ironman Champion Chris "Macca" McCormack, and Brazilian Pro, Jose Antunes. THANK YOU both for making the trip with LA Tri Club. We are proud to have you on our roster. ~ I saw these guys when I had a mile to go on the sprint course, and they were doing the Olympic course... I was actually terrified they'd catch me they were moving so fast! It's a beautiful thing to watch a brilliant athletes "do their thing"... and, they were "taking it easy" they told me. Nice.
Chris Macca McCormack, Liz Oakes, Jose Antunes: our recruits
Bringing everyone in at the finish... Race + cheer. Now, that takes training.
Cheering in our racers at the finish
After party celebration... The night of the race, the club headed to Hard Rock's Pink Taco for a buffet and Nationals celebration, about 250 clubbers. Here are Jabus, Sylvia, Paul and I, celebration the long road to Nationals. These are moments that will stay with me forever.
We Did It!!!
LA Tri Club, baby >> Thank you ALL for making the trip.
Pink Taco after-party!
Pink Taco after-party!