11.04.2008

Oct. 19, 2009 I got this email from my sister-in-law, Stina who lives with my brother and nephew, Finn in Tacoma Park, MD - neighbors Washington, D.C:

Subject: Merete and Obama
Last night Merete and I were watching TV (Project Runway). A commercial for Obama came on and Merete asked me. "Do you get a little excited when you see Obama?" I asked her why she was asking me, if she got excited. She replied, "Yes, my tummy starts to feel a little tickly." How cute is that.

Merete's been really interested in the election. She's very aware of the campaign. I think it's due in part to hearing Matt and I discuss it, but also her environment she's in. At school she frequently talks politics with her friends. One day she asked me, "Why doesn't Obama just start running the country? Why is Bush doing it if no one likes him and he's not doing a good job?"
---------------
"From the mouths of Children"... Nov. 4th...