6.11.2007

HGTV makes-over Ashlee's Backyard!

Right on the heels of my last post... another perk of living in LA is you're living in the home-base for many makeover shows, like HGTV's yet to be premiered HAMMERHEADS. One day, reading my latest email, I came across this from Tommy Mullen:

"Your presence is humbly requested this Friday night at the wrap party for Ashlee Barnes’ backyard makeover, which comes courtesy of HGTV’s concrete-pounding HAMMERHEADS crew. After toiling all this week to make her backyard the envy of the block, they will leave the work to us on Friday night as we HEAD to her new back patio bar and HAMMER down drinks while HGTV cameras capture the fruits of our handiwork in all their sensory-slowing glory. Due to production enigmas, the exact time of the party is TBD but be warned it could be on the earlier side (anyone else here like to start drinking at 5? Yes? Cool.) Seriously, I’ll let you know the exact time as soon as I hear. If you can’t make it, then I understand. But I certainly hope you’ll be able to join us, eagerly sign a release form like the cable-loving fame whore we all know you are, and make these HGTV bums sorry they ever met one Ashlee Barnes. Love, Tom"

And, of course, me being a fame-loving whore, I eagerly replied "Count me in!"... below, are snaps from the event-to-remember, starting with -- Tom with Ashlee before & after shots (before the reveal & after the reveal):

Buddies came out in force for this back-yard makeover reveal... Jon and Rowena:
Kevin, Timmy & Damian, trying to contain their excitement while we wait to be allowed into the backyard:

Jeanette and I, lounging after the initial reveal. The makeover featured an outdoor fireplace, bar, and water fountain feature in the center of the backyard area.
Here are Ashlee and Daniella doing the final takes with the HAMMERHEADS hosts. Hamming it up for the cameras here:
Heather Ankeny, just off a movie set & ready for some BBQ:
Here I am, flanked by the hosts of HAMMERHEADS.
Congratulations on the back-yard makeover Ashlee! Looking forward to some summer bbq's outside next to your fireplace. xox