3.30.2007

I love my Podiatrist!

I've been having lots of pain in my feet for awhile now, specifically MUCH worse when I'm wearing any kind of heel.... so, FINALLY, I got up the courage to visit my wonderful podiatrist. I was certain he'd tell me my days of heels were over for good... But, he took some x-rays, and low and behold, I've got overuse fractures in both my feet in the bones specifically "under" my big toe. Apparently, this is not uncommon for someone "my age" and with my "level of activity". I must have injured myself at some point, not bad enough to know at the time, but then with the continued pounding, over time, here I am... in pain & needing a tune-up...

Anyway, the BEST thing about this is, they will HEAL with some TLC! And, I'll be comfortable again in heels! (not to mention overall, have happier feet). Dr. Keith Gurnick took some molds of both my feet for orthotics. That was pretty cool. I took some photos, but with my phone, and I'm not sure how to get them off...

So, if you're looking for a great Podiatrist, then please consider Dr. Keith Gurnick... a runner himself, an all around great guy... He's in Century City -- 2080 Century Park East #204, 310-553-7691.