1.09.2007

EAST COAST FAMILY :: Oakes & Scully

While I was transversing Thailand, I missed out on the east coast family gatherings, which makes me very jealous because everyone else got to cuddle and love on my beautiful niece and nephew!! How sweet is Santa Finn, here??!!

Matt, Stina, Merete and Finn drove from Washington, D.C. where they live, to visit my Mom, Aunt, Grandma and very large family on my Mom's side in Connecticut. Here is my little Finn with my Grandma, his Great-Grandma!
Playing at my Grandmothers growing up is such a fond memory. There is a brook that runs through the property there, and so much do on the hillside and around the water. Here you see my brother, Matt, spreading the milkweed / danilion plant seeds in the wind with Merete instructed to send them on their way.
Matt with his handsome son here. We always loved to ride on our Dad's shoulders growing up -- it's nice to see that Matt enjoys giving his munchkins the same hi-perspective! This way, Finn can take even-more in!

Merete takes her sister-duty very seriously according to Stina. Here she is helping her Mom & Dad out with the child-care. Fortunatly, Finn doesn't seem to mind at all. (I hope it's always this easy!).
Another pretty photo of Matt & Merete playing with the flowers in the wind.

Here is Master Finn and Merete, flanking their Mom, Stina. Don't they look so much alike??!

Matt is almost DONE with his Tiny House! He's been building it in their backyard in DC over the last several months. It's amazing to see it just about done. They're using the space as an office and a guest-house. I asked Merete if Finn was going to be moving out there, and she told me, "No, Of course not. Finn is only a baby. He can't live in there by himself!". Very cute. For more about Tumbleweeds Tiny Houses, visit their website!