9.19.2006

MALIBUUUUUUUUU TRIATHLON
Sunday, Sept. 17th was the 20th Anniversary of the Nautica Malibu Triathlon. This event is a favorite among local triathletes and the LA Tri Club routinely brings a few hundred athletes to this race. We were blessed with an OUTSTANDING race day on Sunday. I can tell you, it was one of the first races I've been to where, as I approached the swim start, I wished I were in a wetsuit and ready-to-rock. Every first-time Malibu participant as well as every first time Triathlete had some of the best racing conditions we've seen here on the west coast in years. Clear, blue skies, crisp but warm temp, clear water (I was told the visibility was 30+ feet). It was just perfect.
Photo above: me w/Michael Epstein in front of the transition area and below, the relay section of transition where relay athletes waited for their swimmers to come in and and tag them for the bike leg.

Malibu Tri is a unique event which attracts a cross section of athletes. You've got a large contingent of talented CAF participants, professional athletes, triathlon clubbers, entertainment and media celebrities, corporate teams and many city officials round out the 2,500 racers.

Michael Epstein is the mastermind behind this event, along with his MESP Team, they do a top notch job of taking care of the racers, spectators, sponsors and special guests. THANK YOU Michael and MESP for a job well-done and for being so accommodating to the LA Tri Club. Pictured above: Loren & Gary.
Congratulations to all participants. I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to Malibu '07 already! Pictured below: Max and I.
http://www.nauticamalibutri.com/