4.16.2008

LA in a Weekend
041108. Jabus, a buddy from high school days back at Concordia Lutheran in Tomball, TX came into town over the weekend for a visit and tour of LA. He grew up and became a fighter pilot, of all things -- so, he and his partner, Flo, flew one of the jets out.
I've got a standard favorite tour I offer all visitors (with almost no variation, unless my guests make a special request)... Of course, I put the invite out to many local buddies to join us for all the offerings... Friday nite we hit The Groundlings; Saturday we had cocktails at Casa del Mar followed by dinner at Asia de Cuba with Suzy and Jeff (below):
Sunday 8 of us enjoyed tapas and yummy wines at Primitivo in Venice. Pictured below are Jabus, Flo and I:
After Primitivo, we walked down to The Other Room... Here are Jen, Anna and Jeff:
It was awesome reconnecting with Jabus -- I'm guessing it won't be 15 more years before we see each other again...