2.26.2008

Sports Car Fetish Gone Green
Ever since my Dad brought home a mint condition, electric blue 911 S when I was a kid, I’ve had a thing for sports cars. Since then, I’ve always gone for the biggest engine and swankiest body I could afford. Now… I guess I’m growing up. I’m now the proud owner of a very un-fast, un-sexy… yet sassy and globally savvy Toyota Prius.
It wasn’t a hard decision… when I saw my Saab lease was coming due, I knew I wanted to go hybrid… and, then from there, the most cost affective and user-friendly / space-wise / helped me narrow it down. (bike rack coming).
My lime-yellow convertible Saab was so much fun to drive… the color was really fun too… But, they don’t make the Prius in anything that compares – so, I called el Presidente, Paul, and begged him to let me wrap my new car for the club. He thought it was a great idea! And, here we have it…
I was used to getting comments and looks in my Saab (because it was a convertible, and of such an unusual color)… But, the comments and looks are quite different in this car. People can’t seem to figure it out. I guess I live in a Triathlon bubble. This is really showing me… I love the club, and, all my friends who are now ON MY CAR… and, it was easy for me to decide to do the wrap. I don’t think it’s nutty at all!! (But, apparently most others do!! Very funny to me.)
No sneaking around down in this new ride. Ha.