11.27.2007

Turkey in Texas :: Thanksgiving 2007
Here is the Oakes Family-Boerne clan. Boerne is a town 45-min outside San Antonio and 1.5 hr outside Austin. Pictured below, from left to right: Stina, Finn (16-months), me, Jesse (6'4" behind me), little Merete (5 yrs) in front, then Matt, my Dad/Mike and his wife, Chris holding little Lonestar.
Here is my brother Matt, with Finn and Fred the dog. Fred is a 150(ish) pound Great Pyrenees doggie with the nicest deep bark. Good dog. Jesse and Merete, playing in the hose after we'd just given Fred the dog a bath (which he really, really needed).
An afternoon at the river in my dad's neighborhood... Naked baby Finn and Miss. Merete got in with both Matt & Jesse while Dad, Chris, Stina and I enjoyed watching them from the shore. It was a nice hot-but-comfy Texas day, but the water was coooolllddddd (although, not as cold as the PACIFIC!).
Jess, my Dad, Merete and Labradoodles Biscotti (rust color) and Cowboy (black) -and- little Lonestar (gray) doggies all joined them in the tent we got Jess for his birthday.
Auntie Liz & Merete snap >>
This is such a fun photo! "All the kids" on the couch... Jesse, me, Stina & Matt all cuddle (not) elbow-to-elbow on the couch together one evening... you won't catch us like this too often! ; )
Nikki my dear old buddy from grammar school (say... 27+ yrs friends) with her sister, Beth and Beth's son Caleb, came for a visit from nearby Austin. Caleb enjoyed the tire horse swing my Dad put up for Merete & Finn!
Merete got plenty of riding time in too...
Last, but not least, here I am with my #1 Nephew, handsome 16-month old FINN!