11.15.2007

Calabasas Classic 2007
benefiting the Talbert Family Foundation
111107. Each year, for four years now, I've trekked to Calabasas in Nov. to help staff this wonderful event. This year, we drew 1,506 entrants and we keep getting bigger, and better. Here are our race directors, Julie and Lloyd Talbert flanking Sean Astin who came out for the 10k.
We had a wig vendor in the expo, and they loaned me this lovely long/dark wig so I could walk around and wow-everyone! It was really a hoot!! (yes, I said HOOT!). I've always wanted to experiment with dark hair...
The 5k start... I was standing smack dab in the middle of the race course... That's the fun thing about being "staff", you can make the rules!! I think this shot was worth it!
Although, I did almost get run down a number of times. LATCer, Joe here, is aiming for me though. Joe finished #2 in his Age Group...
We gave the 5k and 10k overall winners, Overalls! Ha. Funny, right? They all wore them when they picked them up. It started to get chilly and rainy at the end of the event... so, the more clothing, the better too! LATC in the house, right behind.
I had to snap this Proud Pug who also finished the race. All the canines who crossed the finish lines with their owners earned metals too, of course. There were many! This race is great for families (we have a family fun-run too) strollers welcome, doggies, and adults of all ages!

Next years dates has been set >> Mark your calendars for November 9, 2008. See you there!