5.18.2007

Revlon Run/Walk for Women ~ May 2007

This is another event I really look forward to each year. It’s the only time of the year I try to round up my "9-5" co-workers to participate in something physical, like a 5k. I started attending this event several years ago... I’m not sure exactly when, but I think this is something like the 5th or 6th one I’ve attended. My co-workers and I formed the HOULIHAN HEELERS (get it?)... and, each year we have over 35+ runners and walkers participating with their family and friends. Below: the stadium after we finished the walk, from our meeting place in the stands.

Whether you are a survivor celebrating life, a daughter supporting her mother, a husband honoring his wife, or sisters and friends joining together, you’ll be glad you joined this important fight against women’s cancers. It’s very touching to see who else is on this course with you. I used to run this event, but now I walk it with my fellow Heelers, making it a more community, special event for the cause -- a time to connect with our community in this special way. Below, me with Cherice Calhoun, a breast cancer SURVIVOR, and the creator/owner of BlackNLA.com
Maybe next year you’ll consider being part of Los Angeles' biggest fundraiser for women's cancers – distributing nearly $45 million over the past 13 years. Join us, with over 50,000 men, women and children at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.... the weekend in an amazing display of support for the women in our lives. Below, is part of our Houlihan Heelers team:

And, another snap of us at the start line. **I've found it impossible to get us ALL together at any one point for this race... like herding cats! ; ) We've got babies, mom's, boyfriends, girlfriends, best buddies... all out together for a wonderful morning with 50,000 of our neighbors!
Okay... the icing on the cake for me this year had to be the finish line... Miss. Karen Ma kindly pointed me in the direction of handsome Officer Carpenter here, who gave me my finishers metal. He was super handsome and I was a smitten kitten, who of course did not say a word! But, my buddy Dani's mom snapped this photo of me. Very funny.

Another highlight is always walking through the USC Rose Gardens as we leave the venue. Karen and I stopped and had this snap taken this year. The roses smell just so amazing. I love that garden!