11.08.2006

OAKES in WASHINGTON, d.c.

My little brother, Jesse, went to visit my other little brother, Matt, in D.C. last weekend. It's funny to think of them in these terms now, since both are actually adults now (I know, it's hard to believe)... Jess, working at Amgen and checking in at just over 6'3" in height... and Matt, married to sweet Stina and now parent to not ONE, but TWO actual tiny humans...

Pictured, below, is Jess with little Finn. LOOK AT FINNs EXPRESSION!!??
My sweet MERETE and FINN!
How I love them, and wish they lived nearby... below, Merete is giving Uncle Jesse a doting pose. According to Matt: "I can verify that Jess took three naps, attended two 6:00 am tea parties, attended 15 minutes of one 4 year old birthday party, went to the zoo, and walked around DC, and attended one 4 year old soccer game. We also ate chinese food, thai food, ethopian food (quite unusual), and pizza."
As a result of all that activity... both Finn and Jess were often found here, on the couch, taking a quick rest -- these two made quite a pair!