11.21.2006

Mission Certification = Complete.


It's hard to believe... but, as of Sunday night, I'm now officially a certified Yoga and Spinning instructor, per Kimberly Fowler's program at YAS : Yoga And Spinning. Pictured above: Aexis, Vicki, Tom, Stacy, Chaya and Claire. Below: V, Jill, Stacy and Sherri.

What an amazing experience I've gone through with my 20+ classmates. I had many miss perceptions about what teaching would be like going into the course... and Kimberly and Sherri with all their experience, knowledge and stories, guided us to a new understanding and appreciation for the skillet. (pictured below: Tri Clubber LORI and I)
Personally, after trying my hand at both the spin and yoga instruction, I found the spin instruction came easier. Probably because I'm a bit of a loud-mouth, so the brute force energy that it takes to muscle through spin is more natural than the quite sophistication of guiding someone through yoga poses. At least, that's how I see it more now. Even though I'd completed the course, I'm humbled by how much more there is to learn, both by watching as well as by doing.
Above, Sarah, Jill, Claire and Anna show off their official certification slips signed by Kimberly. My classmates came from all-walks. And, even flew in from out of state for the course. An amazing group of people who I look forward to supporting and staying in touch with. Below, Kimberly celebrating with Sarah.
Yes.... there was an after-party.... and, we got a little nutty. It felt really great after the 2+ weeks of intensive classes and lectures.
Below, ski instructor Cathleen with Robin, Anna and I.
Below, the boys... Tom, Tony, Robin & Ben.
Cheers, Team! xoxo