7.28.2006

BOOM BOARD :: An Infomercial
Sooooo, yesterday I participated in the filming of an infomercial for the Boom Board. It was my first time doing anything like this. The shoot is taking place over several days and I took part in the "fitness class" day. What a lot of fun! (above is the product we were there to market; below is a photo of the fitness class we were there to shoot. I'm in the back row, wearing black pants).
I drove out to Glendale first thing in the morning... it was HOT... The studio has air conditioning, but it could not run while the we were "rolling", so it was mostly just hot and sticky. My fitness class buddies told me it had been MUCH hotter the day before, so I just counted my blessings that we had it easy on this day.
We were all primped and prettied up to look fresh and fit, oiled up in some cases... and we waited for the sets to be set-up for the class. Let me tell you... this Boom Board really does work you out! (yes, I have to admit I'm SORE today!) The user determines the amount of resistance, and we were all trying to look studly, so, by the time we'd done a few takes I was really feeling it! It's one thing to swim/bike & run >> it's a whole other thing to do weight training/muscle toning, and this was more like that.
Leg lifts, lunges, biceps, triceps, shoulder raises, etc., after awhile I was wondering how much more I could take... But, what a great time! Everyone looked great and worked really hard and sweated a whole lot. I can't wait to see the final product! (above is Cassie, our talented hair & make-up gal with Rachel, uber fit & fun, fit-chick extraordinaire AND LA Tri Clubber, of course!).
Pictured above is a lot of the group, which also included Detra Jones and Mary Lockton (clubbers!). Thank you to LA Tri Clubber, Cathy Kinder (far left) and inventor, Howard Leight for casting me in your project. I think the Boom Board will be a hit and you picked a great team of people to help you launch.