4.13.2006

I just came back from a five day trip to Connecticut to visit my Mom, Grandma, Aunt Mary and my brother, Matt and niece Merete who drove up to join us from D.C. What a nice trip. Too bad I missed the big Spring bloom by what was probably only a few days… but it was still really beautiful with many of the daffodil and crocus bulbs in bloom.

My Grandmothers’ place is like a child’s fantasy. She lives on a few archers and her house is beside two brooks which run together under the bridge to her front yard. Her house is flanked on the other side by a steep hill covered in trees. Between the brook and the hill run many squirrels, birds and gophers which drive my Aunt Mary mad because they eat her garden. Grandma is not as mobile as she once was, and now she spends most of her time in front of a large bay window looking out over the yard. It’s a magical place that my brothers and I have always loved to visit; and this visit was really special because my niece is old enough now to really enjoy exploring the yard with us. I got such a kick out of watching her play around the brook and chase the ducks.