4.27.2006

From a NON-YOGI: Last night I had a great Yoga class experience at YAS. The teacher was a gal named Jeanine. At first, I was just not into the class... but I felt I HAD to go since I've been sick with first the flu, then something intestinal (I'll spare you the details) for about the last two weeks (basically, since I got back from CT). So, there I found myself, trying to touch my toes, which just seem to get farther and farther from me.

It was one of those classes where something just CLICKED. So much has been on my mind with the start of the triathlon season, the maybes of this season, my work life, my personal life, and other projects I've selected to take on... that it's hard for me to turn my mind off and focus internally .. and staying balanced is something I struggle with.

Often, I find myself stressed at Yoga class because trying to turn my mind off can be frustrating for me. BUT, last night, there was a body & mind connection. Very cool & even emotional. I wanted to remember that session because I hope to repeat it. I also wanted to Thank Jeanine here for sharing herself last night with the class. She is a gem and YAS is lucky to have her! http://www.go2yas.com

I'm looking forward to renewing my commitment to get to Yoga a few times a week. I certainly hope to repeat that same sense of peace and renewal that I achieved last night!