4.18.2007

Locks of Love

I finally did it... got rid of that crazy long hair I've had for a decade. Not sure what I'll do with this new mop, but it's an exciting personal change for me. I've donated my 10" ponytail (YES... TEN INCHES I took off today... ) to Locks of Love. Natasha at byu-ti in Santa Monica did the honors.
ABOUT LOL: Locks of Love is a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children under age 18 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. They meet a unique need for children by using donated hair to create the highest quality hair prosthetics.

*Below is an image I took from their website showing before/after of the sort of hairpiece that may be made from my donation. It feels really good, and very lucky, that the hair I've held on to for so long can go to something like this!